Monday, May 31, 2010

Funky Tack Time

Browsing the internet or flipping through a catalog, you may come across that beautiful new pessoa for a meager price of "way too much." Most of us, horse people, have "dream tack" to match our "dream horse," yet the following horse related items, will doubtedly enter your dreams unless you're extremely patriotic or insane.
This saddle makes me laugh. Though I love the U.S., I would rather ride bareback for the rest of my life than be caught riding in this beast. Can you say tacky?This next item may appeal to some more rebellious riders. I personally, could never put my sweet horse in something so dark. My horse is not, and never will be, a pirate.These boots, are just plain ugly. There's not much to say other than that if I ever saw boots like this, I might have to burn them. Such classic riding gear, shouldn't look so juvenile and tacky.This next saddle is disturbing to say the least. The only thing that should have hair in a barn is the horse, and your head. Saddles, and other riding equipment are to remain hair free. I guess if you live in Canada and want to keep your butt warm, this saddle would be a possibility.
These boots are freaky. I guess nike is the inspiration now. Heaven forbid riding look like a completely unique sport devoid of any tennis shoes. Field boots, no more! Now, you can go for a jog after you ride!The fact that someone could even consider designing a saddle like this is scary. I guess if you're a hunter it may come in handy. But when I say hunter, I'm not talking about the jumping horses.
So, my dear horse friends, whom I hope have normal tack and nixed the nike boots, what do you think of this funky tack?
Until next time,
Hannah

3 comments:

  1. that is some cray tack! I'm not sure who ever thoght a combination of a tall boot and a sneaker was a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I love the first saddle! Well, in a kinda cheesey, weirdo kinda way! Although I'm English so it wouldnt really work for me haha

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete